The dedication of the Cathedral Church of St.Peter (York Minster) emphasizes the close ties with Rome after the union of the Celtic and Roman traditions at Whitby in 664. The Minster is the largest Gothic church north of the Alps (519 ft long; 249 ft. wide and houses the largest collection of medieval stained glass in Britain. The word “minster” means a church served by monks, although priests have always served at York. The first minster began as a wooden chapel used to baptize King Edwin of Northumbria in 627. The present minster was begun in 1220 on Roman ruins (each level is easily visible during an underground tour) and completed 250 years later, In the Chapter House (1260-1285)is found a Latin inscription which reads ” As the rose is the flower of flowers, so this is the house of houses.” This is certainly fitting as the rose is the national symbol of England and York minster is the symbol of the house of worship for all others to follow. Our horse brasses are made to the highest of British standards by a leading English foundry that has been making quality brasswares for over 85 years. Only the finest ingot brass mix rich in copper is used.
Horse Brass: York Minster
Horse Brass: York Minster.
Made by ARMAC Brassworks, Birmingham, England.
Individually cast using a pure first-run ingot brass mix rich in copper for superior color and durability.
Hand filed to remove any rough edges left from the casting process.
Hand polished to enhance the natural beauty of high quality brass.
ARMAC Brassworks has been creating quality brassware for over 75 years.
|Dimensions||3.50 × 3.00 × .16 in|