A replica of a small brooch excavated in 1867 from beneath a street in the centre of Canterbury where churches have stood since the 6th century; along the path used by Roman invaders from Dover. The brooch has a Saxon design with a circle around the cross and dates back to 850 A.D. It is cast in bronze. It has a triangular pattern in each of the four arms and each panel is incised with “triquetra” (three cornered knot pattern symbolizing the Holy Trinity). In Canterbury Cathedral, a replica has been carved in stone and mounted on the wall at the west end of the south aisle. Replicas have been sent around the world to twelve other Anglican Cathedrals, providing a visual reminder of the link with the “Mother Church” in Canterbury.
Horse Brass: Canterbury Cross
Horse Brass: Canterbury Cross.
Made by ARMAC Brassworks, Birmingham, England.
Hand cast using only the finest British brass.
Casting mix consists of pure first-run brass rich in copper for superior color.
Hand filed after casting to remove any rough edges.
Hand polished to enhance the natural beauty of high quality brass.
ARMAC Brassworks has been producing quality brassware for more than 75 years.